What is Python ??
January 7th 2020
So this is the tutorial series of Python3. In this tutorial, I will guide you from basic to advanced python concepts. If you are new to programming or don't know how to code in any language don't worry you are at the right place. So if you have chosen to learn Python as your programming language you are good to go and if not then too.
So in this tutorial, you will learn what exactly python is, why you should learn python, where python is used, features of python and also we will write our first python program. Are you excited to know more about python! So let's get jump directly to the tutorial.
What is Python?
Python is an interpreted, object-oriented, high-level programming language. It was created by Guido van Rossum, and released in 1991.
It is used for:
- Web Development (server-side) - Django and Flask
- Game Development - PyGame
- Desktop Applications - Tkinter
- Data Science - matplotlib and numpy
- Machine Learning - scikit-learn
- System Scripting
Features of Python
- Python is relatively simple, so it's easy to learn.
- Python's simple, easy to learn syntax emphasizes readability and therefore reduces the cost of program maintenance.
- Python can be used on a server to create web applications.
- Python supports modules and packages, which encourages program modularity and code reuse.
- Python can connect to database systems. It can also read and modify files.
- It is extremely attractive in the field of Rapid Application Development because it offers dynamic typing and dynamic binding options.
Let's see what are the reasons to learn python programming language.
- Python works on different platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc).
- Python has a simple syntax similar to the English language.
- Python has syntax that allows developers to write programs with fewer lines than some other programming languages.
- Python runs on an interpreter system, meaning that code can be executed as soon as it is written. This means that prototyping can be very quick.
- Python can be treated in a procedural way, an object-orientated way or a functional way.
Where Python is used?
Python is widely used in research, scientific application, and also it is used in big tech companies like,
Your First Python Program
Excited to write your first python program. You will not believe it is very easy to write a python code compared to writing a program in C, Java, etc.
#Print hello world! to console print("Hello World!")
Boom! You have successfully written your first python program. If python is not installed on your system you can visit the following website repl.it and you can run the above code snippet.